Friday, July 31, 2009

Have you ?

ever had a lovebird and is so do you have anything to let me know to make mine a health and happy elmo
Answers:
Love birds can bond with us. Diet is our best defense against disease. Feed this bird a pellet diet, limit seeds to 10% to avoid obesity and fatty liver disease. Offer fresh fruits and veggies 10-20% Avoid chocolate and avocado due to possible toxicity.http://exoticpets.about.com/od/lovebirds... This site has many links to help you. Train your bird. Just 15 minutes a day makes all the difference. Your bird can bond to you. They don't need another bird. They have poor talking skills but make up for this with their funny and enjoyable personalities. Have a great mutually beneficial relationship.
they need a companion or they get lonely and sick.
Love birds are awesome. The larger the cage the better just be sure that the bars are close enough together to NOT allow the bird to stick its head through. Bar spacing should be NO MORE Than 1/2"
IF you keep one alone I highly recommend you give it alot of attention. Single love birds can with time become VERY tame and very lovie. I would reccomend feeding zupreme as it is healthier than a seed diet. Lovebirds are very playful so an assortment of toys is great. Rotate them from time to time to keep things exciting for them. Paired lovebirds will bond to each other rather than you (regardless of if they are male, male/ female, female/ male, female) and there for will not be as tame and may become cage agressive.
I love their little songs they are quite the joy to have around
I'm home all day and our single male lovebird is very bonded to me. I call him my 'clinging vine'! I found a couple of sites that you might want to look at.

There are a lot of bird forums around, too, that you might want to join. I've learned an awful lot about pet birds by joining a couple of them.

Mott The Hoople is our first lovebird and I absolutely love him.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment