Thursday, July 30, 2009

Has any one ever put two different types of birds together?

a coctail and parkeet we need to make room and loose a cage some how can i put these two togeather
Answers:
You can't choose for them..they have to want to be together in the same cage...
Example: I had my lovebird Qtip and later I got back the Conure Odo back from the person who had purchased her..
it didn't take long for the male lovebird and female Odo became as one and spent every minute together..no brainer..I could put them in the same cage. And they lived happily ever after.
Birds can do ok with one another under your supervision. They should never be left in the same cage together unless they are of similar size. If the cockatiel went after the parakeet it could kill him.
I have an aviary in which I keep budgies (parakeets) and cockatiels together and both communities get on and breed.
They must have enough space so that they can get away from each other if they need to.
Give it a try and watch carefully to see if there is any animosity.
Yes they can live in harmony together and get along just fine. They fly in the wild together. Just make sure they have enough room in the cage and have the right size perches.

They are both australian birds and can be great companions, plus still be handled.

Good Luck!
its a yes no some people have good things happen others bad .. I put 2 keets in with 8 tiels in a 8 foot tall avairy and the keeps bet the honkers out of the tiels ..I took them out and placed them next to it for 3 weeks and put them back again they would not leave them alone ..I feel that every bird is different and each case should be taken in alot of care ..watch them do not leave them alone ..Good luck
This is merely opinion but they both originate in the same part of Australia and have ben known to nest in the same tree, so my opinion is it would be safe try it and see how they relate.

No comments:

Post a Comment