Thursday, July 30, 2009

Found a Parrot/Parrakeet in my Backyard- Is it sick?

I found a large parakeet or parrot in my back yard, I have asked a local feed %26 grain store what it was and what to feed it, they say it's a parrot but to me it's like a huge parakeet in coloring. Mostly green, all white face and blue under tail feathers, it just sits in the cage all fluffed up and closes it's eyes alot (like it wants to sleep all the time), Is It sick or just scared. It doesnt eat much -I'm trying to find it's owners now thru fliers.
Answers:
The bird is sick. Without treatment a birds health will deteriorate rapidly. You will need to find the owners quickly,or, perhaps be kind enough to take the bird to a vet.
Maybe it landed in your yard to die, so I think that you should just let it go to complete its mission.
i think you should take it to pet doctor and tell them to check him or her,if its not sick then its lonely.
If you live in southern Florida or western California it might be a wild bird. Ask a vet if you can.
Bring the bird to a local vets office and tell them the bird was in your back yard. Many times birds will get away from their owners and get lost. Many years ago I found a parakeet that had gotten away from it's owner. No one claimed it so I kept it. Birds can become very sick very quickly though and it sounds like you need to get this one to the vets office.
I agree with all the ones that said TAKE IT TO THE VET!Please take him/her to the vet even tough it isn't you bird. :I
Can you take a picture of this bird? If you can could you possible email it to me at threeesixxxmafia@aim.com ???
PLEASE TAKE HIM TO A VET IMMEDIATELY. The bird is sick and needs help NOW.
not to be mean to anything about the other answer people TAKE HIM TO THE VET ANSWERS DO NOT HELP yes you should think about taking the bird to the vet but there are other things you can do first you need to find out what bird it is check google and stuff to find the exact match do your research find out more about the bird online some types of birds are laid back. Did the bird try and bite you if so it might be wild. Try taking the bird outside to see if it perks up. Right now you need to make the desicion am i willing to keep this bird if its owners can not be found if you answer no the bird will be better off in the wild. Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment