Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ever since i got my budgie it has been scared of me and that was two to three weeks ago what should i do???

when ever i put my hand in the cage he goes conpletely balistic.
Answers:
You need to be super patient when it comes to birds. Three weeks isn't very long I'm afraid.

Try to handle him every single day to get him use to you. If he is scared when you reach into his cage, don't scare him more by trying to grab him. Either leave the cage door open and wait for him to come out or put a branch in the cage, and when he gets on it take him out of the cage.

When I first got my lorikeet, he got scared if I reached into the cage and when he was on me, he would not stay still and would bite hard if I tried to tell him what to do (do not let them win though, you are the boss, not the bird).
I was disheartened at first but like I said, the key is to be patient and handle the bird every day. Now as soon as I open the cage door, my bird runs to get onto my hand and he likes to lie on his back in my hands and fully trusts me.
handle it a lot, keep it in your hands, let it climb about your sholder, you will find if you put it on your head it will like to sort through your hair, but think about it, a budgie is tiny compared to the size of humands, wudnt u b scared if a giant was holding you all the time. make it learn to trust you by handling it a lot and being gental. Hope this all helps!
the bird might be still a bit scared of u because its alone if u get another budgie it will play and will be happy and less scared of you
mine used to do that but now it just flies out of the way
Better dont disturb it. keep yourself away from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment