Monday, May 24, 2010

How do you stop a Cockatiel from constantly biting my fingers?


Answers:
time! They will have to earn your trust! Plus, sometimes they are just playing! Give them time and show them there is a different place to place with. Maybe a metal necklace or a hat! Treats will help also!
offer treats when holding and maybe it will stop biting finger. Give him something to do while holding . Should do good. Good Luck!!
Keep your fingers out of the cage, doh!
He may be hungry or just showing signs of affection.

I don't know how to tell you a humane way of getting him to stop biting your fingers. I could say put some lemon juice on your fingers, and maybe the taste of that will be so sour---he'll stop!

Does he do it when other people are in the room with you? That could be a sign of wanting to protect you or even jealousy.

My parrot will often bite my fingers when I take him outside and am holding him while I feed this stray cat in my yard. It's as if he really wants to bite the cat, but he bites me instead! It's pretty funny!

Well, good luck, and enjoy your bird!
You can offer them thier favorite treat and tame them slowly from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment