Monday, May 24, 2010

How do I keep pesky crows from feeding in my garden?

Hello. I have recently hung a bird feeder in my garden with the aim of attracting small finches, blue **** etc. My problem is that crows keep hijacking the seeds! As the feeder is too small for them to attach themselves to, they sit just above it and pul the feeder of its hook so it falls to the ground emptying the contents!
I want to attract small birds to my garden, and at present none have arrived!
Does anyone have any tips for attracting the smaller birds, and keeping the ugly (though smart) crows out!
Answers:
Crows are deterred by having a dead crow hanging around; you can mimic a dead crow with some black fluttering cloth.
But don't let them see you carry it or hang it up, they'll think you're carrying a dead crow and will mob you.
get a scarecrow to scare those ugly(though smart ) crows away
or if you don't have one you act as it. lol.
Put a net tent around the feeder, with holes big enough for small birds to go through.
Steak for lunch , dinner , and tea
Don't put the feeder in the open where the crows can get at it. I had a similar situation with magpies so I hung the feeders with seed in one and peanuts in the other in the shrubbery bushes at the edge of my garden.The magpies didn't venture into the bushes so the smaller birds had a chance to use the feeders and to hide from the larger birds.The only disadvantage is you can't watch the birds so easily from your windows. Without the attraction of the free seeds the crows may find somewhere else to hang out.
Are you goodlooking?
If not then dance butt naked - thats enough to scare thing away.
If your goodlooking then no sorry cant help :)
make a crow cage and catch crows in it it will scare away the crows or kill a few hang them up in trees and then the other crows wont coome near your garden works for me..

No comments:

Post a Comment