Friday, May 21, 2010

How do i distinguish male from female dove?


Answers:
the same way u sex a chick a male will have abomp on its but
If you are talking about ringneck doves, males are often cooing away like crazy, while females are very quiet, and will only occasionally make a noise.

Might be the same with other doves, I don't know though. Some doves and certain mutations can be sexed visually.
Not sure - some birds are easily distinguished, some aren't. Try using google, which is likely to have photo side-by-side comparisons, IF there is any difference at all. I know with Lovebirds, they must be DNA tested ($15 at the vet). Good luck!
I asked the same question the oter day and only one answer helped me out. If you can afford it, take it to an avian vet to do a blood sample. This is the only way I thought was most helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment