Friday, May 21, 2010

How do I get my bird to keep it silent?

I'm getting worried of my bird, Polly (or is it Paulie?). I don't know if he/she is a boy or a girl, but the thing is, he/she has been around for like five years in my house, so I'm getting worried if he would die without any children or descendants. And I can't buy another bird. They're just way too expensive.
That's a little about my bird. So, now the question is, how do I get Polly/Paulie to keep it silent? He/she shrieks out at night. I don't know if it was a rat or a cat, but he keeps on doing this.
Answers:
if u havnt already, putting a large towel or sumthing over the cage to cover it during the night should help. and if u keep the bird in ur room u might want to try moving the cage to another room and the bird might not yearn so much(if its bc he/she wants attention) if ur not in the same room.

i hope this helps!
We used to have a bird.at night we would drape a sheet around it's cage. It is supposed to help them separate night and day.
have you tried putting a sheet over the cage at night, most birds will not be loud if there cage is covered, I dont know the reason behind this, but it has worked for me and everyone I know who has birds.
What type of bird do you have? For even the small of the common pet birds (love birds, parakeets, cockatiels, parrotlets) the average life expectancy is between 10 and 25 years. If you have a cockatiel than he/she is probably having night frights (very common in tiels). Try leaving a night light on in the room with the bird's cage.
the sheet thing works for my birds

No comments:

Post a Comment