Monday, May 24, 2010

How do I keep blackbirds and Cackles (?) out of the bird feeder?


Answers:
What I do is buy small bird feeders. We have a palm tree in the back yard and over a hundred little sparrows nest at the top like a little community. They attract crows and grackles so I switched to smaller bird feeders so the crows can't fit to feed on them. Now they lurk in the trees.
grackles* LOL. never have known how. They are MEAN! The have killed small birds at my house trying to get to the food. Good luck. Will be watching this question!
You can't. Just try to enjoy them. And the squirrels too!
It depends on what you want to feed. I have seen feeders for parrots which require flaps to be lifted, preventing smaller birds from accessing the food, I have seen feeders where the birds have to reach through holes, you could make the holes too small for blackbirds. Also you may be able to feed something the blackbirds won't eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment