Friday, May 21, 2010

How could I bath my lovebirds?

I have just bought a pair of lovebirds.They are very hostile towards me.They do not bath in the dish I have kept inside the cage.What should I do?I couldn't even clean their cage.
Answers:
If you just got them let them get use to you.. You have to have Patience. I put a bird bath on mines cage and it took them about a month to explore it and then start using it. Now they love it! Just give them time.
my lovebirds enjoyed a spritz from a water bottle..just make sure it's clean water and on the softest spray.. just one or two spritz so they dont get scared, talk soft so they don't think it's a punishment. over time they should get used to it and enjoy their "bath".
Place a bowl of water in their cage and they will wash themselves..
yes either place a bowel of water into the bottom of the cage and they will wash themself... or with my bird i fill a spray bottle up with warm water and squirt it, by doing that the bird is wet and will clean itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment