Sunday, August 2, 2009

How can you tell if your bird ispregnant?


Answers:
Like if it has bumps on it's bottom of the tummy or if it can't stand on it's perch for bit, then.. its probably pregnant
Birds can't get pregnant. They lay eggs. If its laid an egg the egg must be fertilized by a male, if not the egg will rot.
Well, I am an expert when it comes to animals or animal related problems or questions because my mom is a vet-tech and my grandpa knows so much about animals every question I ask him he answers it. So the answer to your question would be,to feel the underside of the bird, and you'll feel like a hard lump there but it depends on the amount of time you think it has been pregnant with teh eggs and don't listen to anybody else because like I said I am an expert on animals.
Birds do not get "pregnant". Unlike mammals who birth live babies, birds lay eggs. If they are fertilized by a male and cared for by the female, they can hatch. If no male is present with the hen, you simply toss the eggs. This does not include chicken eggs.
it lays an egg
Actually right before a bird lays an egg, you can see a pooch under her tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment