Sunday, August 2, 2009

How can I catch a lovebird that is in my backyard?

ABout fifteen minutes ago, I saw a blue fischers lovebird in my tree. i actually thought it was my pet lovebird that i have in a cage outside. When I looked at the cage, my pet bird was still there. To lure the stray lovebird, I placed the cage close to the tree. The pet bird and the stray bird have been interacting between the cage wires.
How can I catch the stray bird? Should I let the stray bird become friends with my pet bird before I ty something?
Answers:
If you have a spare cage try placing the spare cage right next to the one where your lovebird.Put food and water in it.if you notice it goes in immediately close it and put up Ads that you have found a bird if no one responds within a month you can keep it.
Allowing your bird to interact with the other exposes it to potential diseases. If the bird is tame, it will come around when it gets to know you. You could try luring it with food to your hand or a cage if the bird is hungry, but if not, you might never get the little guy. If you really want to catch it, you could also try a net similar to that of a butterfly net.
you really shouldn't do that b/c 1 its against the law and 2.) if u were a bird that had freedom do u want to be locked up in a ccage?
Sorry but no. That bird may have diseases. And even know how hard you try if you do catch it, it will never be tame. It can also become aggressive, and may hurt your bird. I think you should let it go free.
umm if it is up in a tree you can of all things hose it down with the water hose it makes their feather heavy and cannot fly besides this i have not clue hope it helps
Put an empty cage next to your love bird's cage, put food and water in it, with the door open, and it may just go in. It's obviously been in a cage before. Or, if your bird's wings are clipped, maybe you could open your bird's door and let the new bird join it.
If you can, maybe rig a string to the open door so you can make it close from a distance, or fix it so the bird will pull a string that closes the door, so you don't have to go near the cage and maybe scare the bird out.
Then again, maybe you could move your bird's cage closer to the house, and the new bird will follow. Finally move it inside the house with the door open, and hope the new bird will follow, and you can shut the door and then catch the bird.
Technically you shouldn't let your bird be in contact with an unknown bird until you're sure it's healthy, but it probably is healthy, and anyway you already did. I've had a lot of pet birds and wild rescued birds, and my pets never caught anything.
Good luck!
If it landed on the cage try throwing a big blanket over the cage to trap the lovebird.You will have to sneak up to the cage and be very fast if you can.And if that don't work put another cage right beside your birds cage keep the door open and maybe you can hurry and close the door on him Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment