Sunday, August 2, 2009

How can i house train a duck?

i am NOT using diapers and am NOT keeping my duck outside there is animals tht will eat it so i need help or my dad is going to kill and eat my pet help !!!!
Answers:
Why don't you just build it a small outside pen to keep it safe from the animals that can kill it.Where I live there are a host of wild animals which would eat the birds I keep.If the animals here can't get in my pens I am sure you could do the same where you are.
You cannot potty train a duck.when they have to go they just go.The reason is they do not have full control over their bowels.
Why would you want to?? Ducks arent really housepets.
i dont think you can
can't be done.
I think ducks carry lice. I wouldn't want one inside. Ducks were meant to be outside, if you don't have the space for it you shouldn't have it. Bring it to a pond where there are other ducks.
well you should talk to a vet or even get him a built in pond so he can poop in there ..srry thats all i got.good luck
i had ducks as a kid too...honestly they are stubborn and i dont think you can house train them. we used to keep ours outside and they would sleep with the dog. my mom says as they get older they learn to poop in the grass but they really cant be trained. i wish i could give a better answer. what about newspaper?
Ducks dont carry lice. THey also can be kept inside but its not easy because they are messy animals. My suggestion woudl be to make a pen outside for him or in your garage to sleep in at night. That way he can hang out with you during the day. I woudl join a group for pet duck owners, you may find some better tips there.

For Pet Duck Chat you can join the group

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/petducks...

Its invite only, just email the owner and ask to be invited

No comments:

Post a Comment