Sunday, August 2, 2009

How can I stop birds from staring at themselves in my side-view mirrors - all the while, pooping on my car?


Answers:
I can think of several options. One might be to use Golf Club Driver covers to cover your mirrors, maybe some that look like a cat! You can also use a small sticker (one that doesnt obstruct your view), I have found that birds often do NOT like pictures of other birds, possibly a small black bird sticker in the corner should do the trick! Another option is to put a sticker on your window that faces the position the birds would be while looking in the mirror. (to explain: the mirror will show items that are not actually on the mirror like a sticker properly positioned on the window) I used this on the kitchen window to keep the birds from tearing up the planter and it worked perfectly!
snipe them with a bb gun
glare back fiercely... won't stop the poop tho.. just drive on real quickly
isn't it aggravating? i didn't know birds could be so vane. reminds me of humans.
I had a friend who had that very same problem! He ended up cutting sleeves off an old t-shirt and made mirror covers...was the strangest thing.

Last week I had a cardinal flying into my window all day non-stop for 3 days. I was told he was maybe trying to protect his territory and saw his reflection and thought it was another bird. Don't know but evidently that's a common problem too, especially with cardinals. I thought the crazy bird was going to end up killing himself. Maybe the bird is having the same kind of issue with your mirrors. Good luck...try the sleeve covers!

No comments:

Post a Comment