Thursday, May 7, 2009

Do I have better chances of getting a bird in a bird house if i remove an old nest?

My parents gave me a bird house that already had a nest in it. I just put it up and was wondering do i take it out or do i leave it in to get birds? It's about 20 miles away from where it once was 3 years ago so i'm sure the prior birds will know where it is.
Answers:
i find that if there are parasites in the nest that baby birds could get. so you would want to clean it out every year
Take the old nest out so a new bird may take up residence and build their own nest.
Take the old nest out, clean out the birdhouse and good luck. I hope you are as fortunate as your parents and have a clutch of baby birds.
Yes remove and get a new fresh one, the bird will thank u for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment